Monday, December 24, 2007

Celebrity Fragrance Commercials

It seems to me that during this holiday season, the commercial focus has shifted from the repetative Chia-pet spots of the past to featuring an array of fragrance ads featuring beautiful celelbrities. In a loop. Non-stop. Sometimes the ads play with one different ad (of course for some OTHER fragrance) in between. I figured, why try to escape. Let me review these amazing commercials that somehow make me feel like paying $50 for a sniff before I snap back into reality.

First up - Emporio Armani's add for Diamonds featuring Beyonce.



I like this one the best because the girl is hot, she can SING, and the whole ad overall gives off a really classy feeling. While I don't appreciate seeing it every five minutes, it's better than some of the other ones.

Second up - Commercial for L.A.M.B.'s fragrance "L" featuring Gwen Stefani.



Okay, I'll be the first to say that I love Gwen, but wtf? What is creative about this ad? "I want you all over me...I want you all over me...now I'm going to stand here in a bathing suit...and then I'm going to pop out of a perfume box..." It's just basically screaming out "You know what...I'm famous, just buy my stuff, I don't have to be creative." But, it's okay, Gwen has already told us in her HP commercial that it's really tough being creative and beautiful and rich ohmigod. :[

Third up - Charlize Theron for Dior's J'adore



First of all, Charlize Theron is hot. Second of all, I actually like the message that it's somewhat portraying that a woman doesn't need all of those pricey things to be beautiful, but while I'd like to believe that is the message, you know what's really going is "hey, what will make this fragrance sell?" "Hrmm...how about Charlize Theron...NAKED." "....DONE."

Fouth up: Dated Britney Spears fragrance commercials.



They are really pushing both this commercial for fantasy and the one for Curious. I love that it even has "Britney + Kevin" to truly reveal how outdated it is. I think the guy might even be K-fed himself. Oh man, I guess if it works, don't fix it?

Fifth up: Shania Twain for Shania Starlight.



Incredibly boring, but her speaking voice makes me laugh since it's not at all commercial. "Uh...SHANIA STARLIGHT! My..new sparkling fragrance!" I wonder how many times it took to get that.

Sixth up: Antonio Banderas for Blue Seduction



Yet another form of seduction by Antonio Banderas, and almost identical to his other commercials. I couldn't find the English ad, but it's pretty much the same. At least he's not saying something stupid like "I want you all over me", although I think he would sound a lot hotter saying it than Gwen.

Finally: Hillary Duff for With Love



I wish they showed the whole thing on TV, they usually don't. I actually like this one, it's the most creative out of all of them, and she does all the singing and acting herself. The part where her pursuer sniffs her garment WOULD be a little creepy, though, if it weren't a fragrance commercial.

Now, I just have one more commercial I want to comment on. That's the commercial featuring Diddy for Ciroc Vodka. He pretty much scoffs at all the puny fragrance adds and show's what's REALLY important about the holidays.



And that's it. Happy Commercial viewing.

No comments: